Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

So much to do, so little time

It's taken me ages to do a third post! Suddenly just got so busy I haven't had enough time to write a thoughtful post. I'm going to attempt to summarise the last month and more in a series of images and text...here it goes...





I'm not in the habit (yet) of taking outfit shots but I had this one saved on my trusty sidekick, my iphone of course!! Just an everyday outfit, comfy and practical for work. My favourite shiny American Apparel leggings, long-line denim shirt from +H&M , cute XOXO jumper from +ASOS and boots by Carvela.





I thought I'd show you the close up of my phone case since I was really pleased with how it turned out! I was finding it hard to find a nice case for my iphone 5. I wanted something cute but also a case that didn't add bulk or hide the sleek design of the phone. So I decided to order a simple clear snap on case and then add my own touch to it to make it unique and cute!



As you can see my inspiration came from my love for this strangely cute Japanese character  Domo-kun ^_^ What do you think?
.................................

Paloma Faith at the BAFTAs
Paloma Faith opened the BAFTA's! As well as helping with prep for her red carpet appearance I also had the pleasure of getting together Paloma's performance outfit (although it was slightly stressful, frantically trying to locate that glorious headdress from Pebble London). But of course it was worth it as she looked fabulous didn't she!! If you're a keen follower of her style you'd probably know that Karl Willett is the main man behind it, and if you're even more observant you might have noticed that yes he was in fact on stage in the choir that accompanied Paloma's performance. Indeed a man of many talents, fashion stylist meets founder and director of Urban Voices Collective, to whom I have the delight to work with.

.................................





Chinese New Year!!! Of course I celebrated CNY with my family and friends who are practically family!....So I was so distracted with my red hair I forgot to take a picture of the outfit I wore...but you can see it was definitely red ;)...Perhaps that will be my thing, come back next year and I'll put on this years CNY outfit, then you can find out what it was!





.................................

GOT TO DANCE 4
Got to Dance series 4, the first live show happened. Karl has styled Ashley Banjo for Got to Dance since the very first series and I was ever so lucky to be on duty for the first live show of series 4 to make sure Ashley was looking sharp!
.................................




And then there was Valentines day <3 
Did me some red matte nails to suit the theme...but I felt like something was missing so the next day I added a glossy tip which you can see here.




................................

The Brit Awards 2013
What an amazing experience getting to work at the Brits!! The earlier parts of that day included getting Paloma Faith ready for the Brits red carpet, she wore a beautiful dress by Dolce & Gabbana. The rest of the day entailed dressing Muse's orchestra ready to open the show! It was such a great night at this star studded event. 
................................

Black & Blue
5.30am on the alarm, 7.30am call time, a long day on set assisting Karl for Paloma Faith's latest video for her single Black & Blue. Check it out here! That's my delicious lunch on the left, gotta keep those energy levels up to combat the early wake up call ;). On the right a gorgeous still shot of the glamorous Paloma Faith wearing a sequin Diane Von Furstenburg gown.
................................


Birthday fun!
I celebrated my birthday at Play Boy club on Old Park Lane with my God brother and my dear friends who I met during university. Although I was suffering from a cough and a cold I managed to enjoy myself at the same time, the live entertainment was good fun but the best part was really just getting to see my girlie's!

Big Easy (Kings Road, London)
A birthday wouldn't be a birthday without a birthday feast with parents as well as my cousin, his cutie wifey and my aunty. And what a feast it was!! 
................................

After my birthday in the following couple of weeks work got absolutely manic, so much so that sadly I don't actually have any photos to document it! But you may have seen; Paloma Faith performed on 'Give it up for Comic relief' and 'The big chat with Graham Norton'. Whilst preparing for these we also had to prep for an array of outfits for her USA trip (which she is on right now!). This was then followed by the massive task of prepping for a Britain & Ireland's Next Top model shoot and at the same time for Ashley Banjo for the Got to Dance Live final. 


And...that's a wrap...for now! It's so nice to have some down time which has allowed me to do this lengthy post, hope it's been fun to read!! Until the next time....;) xoxo



1 comment: